Woman Dies After Taking Wrong Drug
Woman Dies After Taking Wrong Drug Website
A forty-two year old kenkey seller,Ami Kutorglo died at Ho in the Volta Region after taking a wrong drug. A second person who also took the drug is in critical condition and receiving treatment. The Police Public Relation Officer at Ho, Mr Joy Afegbedzi disclosed this to the GNA. Explaining the incident, he said investigations conducted by the police revealed that the deceased Kutorglo on March 28, 2008 complained of abdominal pains. Following the complaint one Kalami Korsi, a fish seller prescribed 'thalazole' capsule for her to reduce the pain. The police said the deceased sent an errand girl whom she usually sent to buy her drugs for the preservation of maize, to purchase the thalazole for her. The girl allegedly went to an agro-chemical shop instead of a pharmacy shop and bought four tablets of 'Protext' a drug used for maize preservation, instead of the 'thalazole' capsule. The deceased took two pills of the 'protext' and gave the other two to a friend Gladys Tenge, 48, who had also complained of abdominal pains. The abdominal pains of the two intensified and when they were rushed to the hospital, Miss Kutorglo was pronounced dead while her friend who is on admission is said to be responding to treatment. Kalami Korsi the fish seller who prescribed the thalazole drug and the agro chemical shop attendant, whose name has been withheld by the police have been arrested and are helping the police in their investigations. They will be charged with poisoning two persons leading to the death of one.