Two Kids Hospitalized After Taking Excessive Alcohol
Two Kids Hospitalized After Taking Excessive Alcohol Website
Two kids, both aged four years, were last week hospitalized at the Juaso District Hospital, when they fell unconscious after taking 10 sachets of ‘soccer gin’ at Obogu near Juaso in the Asante-Akim South District. Ebenezer Cudjoe and Kwaku Amo-Dade, who were taken to the Obogu health centre, had to be referred to the Juaso hospital due to the severity of their conditions. While Amo-Dade was discharged five hours after admission, Cudjoe was discharged the following day. Mr Michael Appiah, a co-tenant of the children’s parents, who briefed the Ghana News Agency, said Cudjoe’s father who operates a drinking bar had travelled leaving the bar in the care of his daughter. He said on March 29, Cudjoe who was playing with Amo-Dade in front of the bar sneaked into it when they realized it was not locked. Mr Appiah said the two came out later looking drowsy and later collapsed and had to rushed to the Obogu health centre, where they were referred to the Juaso hospital. A source at the Juaso hospital confirmed the incident to the GNA, adding that the children were in good condition when they were discharged.