Fire guts Coastal TV
The main studio of Coastal Television, a local TV station in Cape Coast was consumed by fire at about 1800 hours on Sunday, as a result of an electrical fault. Papa Nyomi, Administrative Manager of the station explained that they the main studio was about to telecast a live programme when the personnel on duty heard sparks of fire. He said all connections were turned off except those that served the studio, leading to the fire. Mr Nyomi said the frantic efforts of personnel to use the three fire extinguishers available to quench the fire proved futile. He said the fire however did not affect the transmitter that served the station although the flame destroyed everything in the in the studio.
Source: Ghana News Agency