Baby Burnt To Ashes
A Two-year-old baby girl suffered one of the crudest deaths that one can imagine when she was burnt to ashes by a blazing fire at Kronom, a Kumasi suburb in the Ashanti region. Little Adwoa Boahemah Bonsu was burnt beyond recognition whilst asleep in her mother's room on the evening of January 19 this year. An elder brother of the deceased, four-year-old Eugene Boakye Bonsu, who was in the room with his young sister at the time of the incident, managed to escape, Daily Guide gathered. The two kids were living with their mother, Gifty Asante, who is a nurse and a 19-year-old sister of their mother, Regina Asante, in a house which has no electric power. Richard Karikari aka KK, who was at the scene said, usually, whenever the mother of the children went to work during the night, she left the children in the care of her 19-year-old sister. On that fateful day, Gifty was on night duty so she left the two kids in the care of her younger sister. Around 10:00pm, Regina lighted a candle and placed it on a silver bowl to illumiate the room where the two children were fast asleep. The 19-year-old girl then left the house to a nearby house, ostensibly to charge her mobile phone. Some minutes later, young Eugene Boakye Bonsu woke up from his sleep to see fire burning in their room so he hurriedly raced to a co-tenant's room and informed him. The co-tenant rushed to the scene where the whole room was covered with blazing fire and thick smoke. The man therefore lifted the young boy and rushed him to safety before raising the alarm for help. Within minutes, the whole house was filled with curious persons who called fire fighters. The fire fighters arrived at the scene immediately and managed to douse the fire but it was too late as little Adowa Boahemah Bonsu had been burnt into ashes. Regina Asante collapsed upon learning that the young girl had passed away due to her carelessness and was rushed to the hospital for treatment. The burnt young girl has been buried. Regina Asante has also regained consciousness.
Source: Daily Guide